Assistant Accountant - Wadebridge - £24-26,000 Neg DOE
Trial Balance Consultant have been engaged by a long established and highly successful hospitality service business that urgently seek to recruit an experienced Assistant Accountant to join them in their Wadebridge HQ. This is a full time, office-based role that works with an extremely friendly, energetic, and passionate team. The business has experienced considerable recent growth and with a bespoke and highly regarded service offering, they have ambitious plans for continued growth.
The successful candidate will act as second in command to the company’s Finance Manager (also placed by Trial Balance Consulting), and supports one additional Accounts Assistant. This is a broad role that will entail interaction across all areas of the accounting function, and ensure suitable development of the existing Accounts Assistant. Key responsibilities to include:
- Daily bookkeeping using Sage based systems
- Bank reconciliations
- Overseeing the accounts payable function and manage supplier payment runs
- Manage multiple Sage based APIs for customer orders
- Take a lead role in aged debtor management
- Reconciling credit card payments
- Posting journals, accruals and depreciation
- Prepare monthly payroll and administer employee expenses claims
- Assist with month and year end reporting
- Support, develop and oversee the work of the Accounts Assistant
- Stand in for Finance Manager during holidays and absences
For this role we’re looking for an experienced Assistant Accountant or an Accounts Assistant looking to take the step up. The role would also be well suited to a standalone Bookkeeper wishing to work within a small team. Candidates may be part/fully AAT qualified or consider themselves to be qualified by vocational experience. Good all-round accounting experience and use of modern accounting platforms essential. The role works with colleagues throughout the business and regularly liaises with long standing customers so excellent communication and customer service skills a must!
For further details and to apply for this opportunity, please contact Elle Benjamin quoting reference EB7899 ASAP. Our client has advised that they hope to arrange interviews immediately upon submission of suitable candidate details so please do not delay!