Assistant Accountant - Hayle - Circa: £25,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been assigned by a high profile, long standing hospitality focussed business who, through continued expansion, seek to recruit an additional team member within their finance team. This is a company that have gone to great efforts to emphasise their commitment to staff development and in addition to good financial benefits, pride themselves on CPD and internal promotions. This is a key role that will support an experienced Finance Manager, and calls for a candidate with broad all-round experience.
This is a varied and interesting opportunity where the successful candidate will take a lead responsibility in managing all aspects of the company’s transactional accounting cycle. Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation of month end management accounts
- Ad-hoc processing of supplier payments
- Credit control and aged debtor management
- Bank reconciliations
- Processing of supplier payments
- Assist in the producing VAT reports
- Assist in the production of year end statutory accounting files
- Liaising with external suppliers and stakeholders
- Work closely with the senior management team and produce accounting reports as and when required
The successful candidate should be an experienced individual with good exposure to day-to-day accounting responsibilities and statutory reporting. A good aptitude for IT (particularly MS Excel), and the ability to pick up new systems would also be advantageous. Candidates may be either QBE, AAT or part professionally qualified.
This role offers a great opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious candidate seeking a step up from their current role with a friendly and rapidly growing local business. For further details, please contact Elle Benjamin quoting reference EB7667 ASAP.