Financial Accountant - Barnstaple - To: £45,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been re-engaged by our long-standing client, a large specialist manufacturing business based in Barnstaple. The company has grown significantly over recent years, as has their accounting function that now coordinates the financial controls for the company’s numerous business sites. This is a modern, forward thinking business that have a superb reputation for staff development, career progression and people retention.
They currently seek to recruit an experienced Financials Accountant to join their sizable financial team. The role will initially be remote/home based but a return to the office is anticipated later this year so interested candidates should live within a commutable distance of Barnstaple. This is a highly analytical role and would be well suited to a number focussed accountant, either from industry or practice. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Various month end tasks to include the review of monthly financials for submission within deadlines
- Production of monthly journals
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Cost centre review and forecasting
- Ensure internal controls are compliant and efficient
- Assist with annual accounts production
- Corporation tax preparation
- Preparation of VAT reports
- Ad hoc assistance with management accounts where required
We’re seeking an experienced, professionally qualified individual (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), ideally with at least 18 months PQE. The successful candidate will likely have an analytical background with proven experience of statutory reporting. Previous experience in management accounting and VAT reporting would be desirable though not essential. The successful applicant will need strong networking and communication skills as the role works as part of a very busy team that liaises regularly with department heads across the business.
For further details and to apply for this interesting and progressive opportunity, please contact Elle Benjamin quoting reference EB7289 ASAP.