Financial Accounting Manager - East Cornwall / Hybrid – Circa: £55,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been engaged by a new client, a well-established and unique services business that seek to recruit an experienced finance professional to join their team. This is something of a unique commercial accounting opportunity that will focus on assisting the company’s clients rather than maintaining inter-company financial health. Please note that our client is not a firm of Chartered Accountants! The role is offered on a permanent, flexible arrangement, either part or full time (both offering flexible working), and this employer promotes a Hybrid working arrangement with two days to be spent at the company’s offices close to the Cornwall/Devon border and the remainder operated remotely.
Working closely with a very experienced Finance Director and as part of a small finance team, this will be broad and interesting role, highly suited to a technically astute accountant. Key responsibilities:
- Act as lead accountant when assessing new client projects their viability and sustainability
- Ensure that all client accounting requirements and transactions are correctly recorded and reported
- Monitor the financial performance of client projects
- Assist clients with their bookkeeping
- Act as a key point of contact for technical client enquiries to include bookkeeping procedures, tax and VAT reporting, escalating complex issues to relevant external advisors
- Ensure full compliance where statutory reporting is concerned
- Work closely with project investors
- Regularly assist the Finance Director with complex and/or projects working to tight deadlines
The successful candidate is highly likely to hold a professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), though candidates that can demonstrate suitable vocational experience will be considered. The role would be particularly well suited to a practice trained accountant, possibly seeking a first commercial move with a difference! Alternatively, a technically astute industry accountant (possibly operating in a financial accounting environment), with a good all round understanding of small business bookkeeping, statutory reporting, corporation tax and VAT. This will be a constantly changing role where no two days will be the same and will call for a candidate with strong discipline and organisational skills - it will be a challenge, but a rewarding one!
For further details about this interesting and unique opportunity, please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS9615 as soon as possible. Our client is highly motivated to appoint as soon as possible as their business continues to expand rapidly.