Senior Assistant Accountant - Redruth - £30-35,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a longstanding client, a well-established and highly successful national services business that have tasked us with sourcing an experienced Assistant Accountant, a newly created position. The role is offered as a permanent, full time contract to be based at the company’s headquarters in the Redruth area.
The role works closely alongside an experienced Company Accountant and will be well supported by a small team of transactional colleagues. This will be a broad hands-on role where the successful candidate will have a focus on the production of high quality management accounts as well as deputising for the Company Accountants during absence and throughout ongoing expansion projects. Core components of the role to include:
- Work closely with the Company Accountant in the production of management accounts and cashflow position
- Compiling financial analysis, forecasts and reporting packs
- Work with senior management team across the business to set budgets and targets
- Year- end statutory audit and accounting preparation
- VAT reporting
- Reconciling prepayments, accruals and fixed assets
- Liaise with Chartered Accountants and external auditors
- Assist in financial projects and system improvements
- Act as a first point of contact for major supplier and customer queries
- Journal entries
- Assist with payroll processing (previous experience desirable, not essential)
- Ad hoc project accounting and assisting the director's
For this role we seek a motivated and career driven Assistant Accountant with at least two years of recently gained experience in a similar capacity. Candidates may be part/fully AAT/professionally qualified or suitably qualified through vocational experience. The company is keen to implement digital system improvements so good IT aptitude and excellent MS Excel skills essential. This is a highly visible role that works with an energetic team and liaises with colleagues throughout the business so excellent communication/interpersonal skills required.
The successful candidate will benefit from a well-supported and developing role with a company that can boast excellent staff retention and superb financial/non-financial benefits. For further details and to apply, please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS9526 as soon as possible.