Interim Management Accountant – Falmouth - £32-40,000 NEG DOE
Trial Balance Consulting have been engaged by a longstanding client, a well-established hospitality focussed business located in Falmouth. The company urgently seeks to recruit an experienced Management Accountant to join them on a full time, interim basis with a likely contract duration of 3-4 months with potential for extension.
This is broader role than the title would suggest, almost blurring the lines of Finance Manager. Rather than following a set roster of duties, the successful candidate will take play an active role in all areas of managing the financial health of the business. Reporting to the senior management team and working as part of a small but experienced team, the successful candidate will take a lead responsibility in:
- Production of monthly and quarterly management accounts with accompanying commentary for the senior management team
- Cash flow forecasting
- Variance analysis
- Weekly KPI reporting to deadlines
- Provide senior finance team with key financial intelligence to assist in ongoing projects, financial analysis, and budget/target reporting
- Commentating monthly financial reporting pack data to financial and non-financial department leaders
- Provide assistance and support for quarterly reviews and annual budgets
- Identify areas for improving financial performance of specific divisions of the business
- Support the overall operations of the finance function
This role calls for an experienced candidate, either operating in a business partnering or management accounting capacity, or as a senior Assistant Accountant looking to take a step up. Previous experience gained in a hospitality environment would be ideal, but not essential. Candidates may be part/fully professionally qualified (ideally CIMA/ACCA), or qualified by experience, but must possess excellent all round IT aptitude. This is a role that regularly liaises with colleagues in all departments and communication skills a must.
For further details including a detailed role specification, please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS8574 ASAP.