Finance Manager - Stow-on-the-wold / Hybrid - £35-40,000
If working within a small, friendly, experienced and highly passionate team motivates your career search, you’d do well to read on. Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been engaged by a highly successful and fast-growing online retail business which seeks to recruit an experienced Finance Manager. This is a full time, permanent position that can be operated on a hybrid basis with a minimum of two days per week based based at the company’s offices in Stow-on-the-Wold.
This is a pivotal role within the business where, working closely with the business directors, the successful candidate will play a key part in developing and maintaining the health of the company’s finance function. It’s a broad and rewarding role which will call for strong commercial aptitude and excellent management reporting. Key responsibilities to include:
- Day-to-day management of the accounts team and transactional and statutory accounting processes, including purchase and sales ledgers
- Work closely with the management team to design and implement systems and process improvements
- Production of detailed management accounts with full commentary
- Monthly payroll processing
- Liaise with external stakeholders and Chartered Accountants
- VAT preparation and submissions
- Authorising supplier payment runs
- Accruals and prepayments
- P&L Forecasting
- Cashflow forecasting
- Assisting Directors with company projects that require financial costings and analysis
Our client is completely open minded where qualification status is concerned and welcomes applicants either part/fully ACA/ACCA/CIMA or those who consider themselves to be qualified by experience/AAT. Previous experienced gained within the retail sector would probably be advantageous, but by no means a prerequisite. The successful candidate should have experience of working with modern accounting platforms (ideally Xero), and have good MS Excel competency. The role works with a motivated and professional team and the Finance Manager will be a prominent member of the business so excellent team-working and communications skills essential.
To apply for this opportunity or talk through the role in more details, please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS8488 ASAP.