Purchase Ledger Clerk - Yeovil – Circa: £23,000 + Commission/Bonus
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a long standing client, a highly recognisable and respected commercial services business. The company urgently seek to recruit an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk, a permanent opportunity to be based at the company’s headquarters in Yeovil. The company offers the potential of flexible working hours for those that require it to fit around other commitments.
Working as part of a small but highly experienced team, the Purchase Ledger Clerk will take lead responsibility in the management of all matters relating to the accounts payable function. Key responsibilities to include:
- Manage the flow of invoices in and out of the accounts payable system
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Liaise with suppliers on pricing alterations
- Create and present month end management information relating to AP
- Ensure supplier invoices are settled within terms
- Manage intercompany credit card transactions
- Administration of non UK currency supplier payments
- Act as a key point of contact to suppliers
- Develop and implement ongoing improvements to ensure maximum efficiency of a high volume function
- Ad-hoc assistance with sales ledger function
For this role we seek a candidate with a solid understanding of managing transactional processes gained in an accounts payable environment. Applicants may be qualified by vocational experience, part/fully AAT qualified and will require strong IT skills particularly using MS Excel and ideally an aptitude for learning bespoke systems. The successful candidate will be a recognised colleague across many areas of the business and a key member of the finance team so strong communication and team working skills will be essential.
This employer offers a company-wide commission and bonus scheme and a range of financial and non-financial benefits. For further details please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS8383 as soon as possible.