Finance Business Partner (Charity) - Paignton / Hybrid - £35,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively assigned by a highly regarded and community focussed charity based in Paignton who have experienced significant growth over recent years. The organisation now seeks to recruit a Finance Business Partner to strengthen their expanding function. This is a full time, permanent opportunity to be principally based at the charity headquarters in Paignton, but with potential for up to two days of remote working upon completion of probationary period.
Reporting to a highly experienced (and extremely friendly!), Group Financial Controller, this will be a broad and interesting role where the successful candidate will play a key role in the financial health of this well known not-for-profit. Core focus of the role to include:
- Lead the month end reporting process with concise management accounts and supporting commentary
- Take a lead role in the day-to-day operations of the charity’s finance function
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations, journals, accruals and prepayments
- Work with Group FC to compile budgets and forecasts
- VAT reporting
- Train, develop and support one Accounts Assistant
- Development and reporting of key performance indicators
- Act as a super user for the charity’s accounting system (Xero), designing and implementing system improvements
- Assist the Group FC with ad-hoc projects as required
For this role our client welcomes experienced candidates with a strong background in finance business partnering, management accounting, or general accounting at Assistant Accountant level. Applicants may be part/fully professionally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), or qualified purely through vocational experience. The role works closely alongside a passionate and energetic team and the FBP will be a recognised face with colleagues across all areas of the organisation. Excellent communication, team working and influencing skills required across the board! Good experience of using Xero would be preferable, but candidates with experience gained with other cloud based platforms and a strong aptitude for all things IT are welcome to apply.
For further details and to apply, please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS8205 as soon as possible.