Finance Manager - Braunton - £45-50,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to welcome a new client to our portfolio, a specialist civil engineering business with a UK wide client base. The company has grown rapidly and so has the complexity of their accounting function meaning that the directors now seek to recruit a dedicated, experienced Finance Manager to lead the department.
This is a crucial, all-encompassing position within the business where the successful candidate will immediately take a seat on the senior management team and enjoy the autonomy to shape, develop and improve the existing function to suit the needs of a rapidly growing company. The Finance Manager will initially be a stand-alone role and the successful candidate will need to commit to all aspects of the division - from the transactional to the strategic. Initially, the key focus of the role will be to:
- Daily, weekly and monthly general bookkeeping to trial balance using QuickBooks
- Production of regular management accounts and possess the ability to commentate financial performance to senior management team/directors
- Manage the statutory accounting function including VAT reporting and PAYE submissions
- Reconciliation and submission of CIS scheme transactions
- Management of the accounts payable/receivable function
- Credit card and expenses reconciliations
- Full management of the aged debtor function
- Regular liaison with chartered accountants and external stakeholders
For this opportunity, we’re more focussed on sourcing a candidate with experience and aptitude to develop the function than we are formal qualification. We therefore welcome applicants either part/fully professionally qualified as well as those that consider themselves to be qualified by experience. Good experience of using QuickBooks in a high volume, fast paced environment will be essential, along with good general IT and MS Office exposure. We’re looking for a highly motivated problem solver with strong commercial awareness and an ability to see projects through from inception to implementation. The remuneration and benefits package attached to this role are generous and this, alongside the opportunity to develop within a fast-growing company make this a particularly attractive proposition. For further details and to apply, please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS7971.