Cost Accountant (12-month FTC) - St. Austell - £33-37,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been engaged by a very long-standing client, a major Cornish manufacturer and highly regarded employer. They currently seek to recruit a Cost Accountant, initially to join them on a full-time basis for a fixed term contract of 12 months.
The role works within a large finance team and the successful candidate will play a key role in presenting financial data to ensure accurate project costings and delivery of budgets/forecasts to the senior management team. Key responsibilities to include:
- Financial analysis across a range of departments
- Preparation and presentation of reports to enable senior management team to monitor project costings
- Use of ERP system to calculate and update standard costs over actual
- Oversea accounting ledgers
- Undertake monthly production inventory
- Produce and review monthly costing reports
- Lead and influence industrial controllers on the importance of accurate project
For this assignment we’re looking for an experienced management/cost accountant, ideally with a manufacturing background. Applicants will ideally be part/fully professionally qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA although we are open to considering applications from exceptional QBE candidates. A good understanding of costing principles and financial analysis is absolutely essential and a good understanding of IFRS/GAAP reporting standards advantageous.
For further details including a comprehensive role specification, please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS7713 ASAP.