Head of Finance - Taunton - £40-50,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a long standing, family owned retailer who seek to recruit a skilled Head of Finance to lead their accounting function. The business has experienced impressive growth and now turns over approx. £10M with a headcount of over 100 staff. The company is poised for continued growth and the Head of Finance will play an important commercial and strategic role in modernising financial controls and streamlining systems.
This is broad role where the successful candidate will work closely with Managing Director on a wide range of projects. The company has seen an increase in demand for e-commerce sales and the business is keen to recruit an individual with the skills to integrate e-commerce, Epos and Sage based accounting platforms. Key responsibilities of the role to include:
- Maintain all aspects of end-to-end accounting controls
- Improve, streamline and integrate digital finance systems
- Management reporting with commentary
- Preparation of statutory financial reports and tax obligations
- Work with colleagues across all areas of the business to lead and influence where all aspects of finance are concerned
- Formulate strategic plans with senior management team to influence further growth
- Financial analysis and forecasting
- Take a lead role in negotiating major project costings with external stakeholders
- Managing payroll procedures and HR records
This is a role for commercially astute, driven and energetic individual whose buttons are pushed by designing and implementing improved processes. The successful candidate will ideally be professionally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), although exceptional individuals with verified vocational experience will be given equal consideration. The role is equally geared around accounting as it is commercial business administration and a candidate with the aptitude to understand all aspects of running a growing company would fit in well here. Needless to say, great potential to develop this role exist from day one.
For further details of this interesting and dynamic position, including a detailed role specification, please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS7583 ASAP.